Saturday, April 9, 2011

spinach brownies...yum

My kids don't know that there is spinach and carrots mixed into this brownie batter...therefore, they love it. The brownies are really not too bad, I mean, pretty good. Only, they take forever to make. Worth it? I don't know. But at least I can eat chocalate brownies and know I'm getting 3 grams of fiber with each serving! Here's them eating the batter off the spoon tonight. Love these two!

Oh, and a little bonus picture: this is the cement mountain that formed last fall when Chad (and helpers) tore out the cement in our backyard. Thanks to KC and Ken's help last week, all the cement is now gone from our yard! Yay! We just have a normal dirt backyard, finally. It only took about 30 loads to the dump (at least). Oh, and this is after we took half the cement to the dump already. That Chad, he gets things done!
Okay, I found a picture of the original pile after hauling loads to the dump all day... it just kept growing. Sometime I'll have to do a post showing the project.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

O.K. you got me--the kids licking the spoon have sold me--I have to have that recipe!

The yard is looking good--before long, I expect to see some GRASS?

Have a wonderful and Blessed Sunday.

kallina said...

ooo I'll have to get that recipe from you! way to go with the spinach and carrots! haha thats awesome. I can't believe how big that pile was! you guys are such hard workers.