Saturday, May 16, 2009

Your opinions please

Okay, so I need some advice. Jayci has finally reached 20 pounds (hallelujah), and so I am finally able to put her in a forward facing car seat. For a few reasons I am really looking forward to this, but I am stressed about which one to get. I've looked around and just have no idea what I'm looking for since there are tons of different car seats out there. I found this one on the Walmart website and particularly like it because, for one, it's semi-inexpensive. The reviews are high and I like that it reclines and I also like that people mentioned that it is relatively smaller. I really don't want a big bulky one. So if you could take a second to look at it and comment your opinion (especially you who have experience with this sort of thing), I'd greatly appreciate it. Let me know what things you think are most important to have in a car seat. I'd like to order it soon, but I really want some opinions. Oh, another reason I like this one is because it can be shipped to the store with no cost. Thanks for your help! (It's the one with the blue and brown plaid for $64.88)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8207450

5 comments:

Jill Collier said...

That seat is very similar to Abby's and I love it because it isn't too bulky and it works great!

Tiffany said...

There are people at babies R us that are specialized in fitting for car seats. They can let you know if it fits her right and what things to look for. You can always go and have them fit her for a seat and probably get the same seat for a cheaper price at walmart.

Heather O said...

We got an evenflo convertible car seat and I really like it, I know it isn't quite the same. But I did a lot of research and that is a really good brand with low recalls and such.

nick and julie said...

Hi Jeni! This seat looks fabulous. Really. The clips look easy to open and close..... and other random stuff. Anyway, I think it looks like a good one :). (Congratulations Jayci) miss you, love you. julie

Jill Collier said...

Hey Jeni. I can totally make you a bag if you want, just let me know. I can e-mail you pictures of the fabrics you can choose from. Just call me or e-mail if you want one. I hope you're feeling okay with this pregnancy! How exciting!