We have a really tall curb in our front yard, and I've been told it's because when it rains there is lots of run off that comes through. The other day it rained, and there was suddenly a river in front of my house. It was really cool to watch. The cars would fly through it and practically disapear. The water subsided quite fast once it stopped raining. These pictures weren't even at it's worst. The thunder was amazingly loud, too. My neighbor even claims it struck his front yard. It's fun to watch from inside and makes me grateful for my home!


Can you see the cars?
3 comments:
How crazy! I remember when my brother lived out there they used to get tons of rain and snow, how pretty! Hope you're feeling okay with your pregnancy Jeni!
Good Morning Jeni....WOW...that was a RIVER...we've had similar flooding here at the farm but thanks goodness, not that bad. Hope all is well with the family. I love the look of your blog!
Jacque (Chad's great Aunt)
Sweetwater, TN
Campagne Maison
Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse. It is a dream in the making. Hard work but things I enjoy. We are in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. The area is really beautiful and quite different from the flat delta of the Mississippi River in AR. You would be welcome any time!
Post a Comment