Thursday, June 4, 2009

What we're up to

Last week I had my preschool graduation, which means no preschool for 3 months! I'm also done with tumbling and babysitting, so it's really nice to just relax. My goal is to get all my preschool planned and supplies ready before I start in the fall, so that should keep me busy. So far, it hasn't been such a fun break because Jayci's been sick and she is NO FUN when she's sick! Sick kids have got to be one of the worst things ever! Now I'm sick, but it's easier than having Jayci sick. She's getting better, but still very ornery. Yesterday she was feeling a little better, so she and I got back to some normal activities. It sure is fun being a mom and getting to hang out with my favorite little buddy all the time. Here's what we're up to these days at our house.



Jayci LOVES riding her little bike around on the driveway and our sidewalk (which is only in front of our house)





Our garden is looking pretty good this year, thanks to Chad. He worked hard to get it all planted and lined up just right. The big tall triangle fence things are for our tomatoes to grow up. We planted onions, peppers, beets, peas, radishes, potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, squash, pumpkins, and corn. Hopefully they all turn out. Not sure what we're going to do with all the peppers, radishes, and onions, but Chad thought it would be fun to plant them anyway.

That's the back of our house way in the background.



The goats are still taking up quite a bit of Chad's time... and patience :) He lets them out to eat our weeds, which is nice, but they are rather selective in what they eat.




Mowing the lawn. Chad takes pride in our beautiful lawn. Doesn't it look nice? I love grass!





Jayci loves to read books. I'll go to check on her because she's being really quiet and find her flipping through the pages of one of her favorite books. It's so cute.






This is her natural crazy hair. Some days (most days?) I just don't get around to doing it.
And something we do a whole lot of lately... watch our favorite shows, like HSM 3 :) Especially when we're sick.

Isn't she just so cute with her ponytail and bow? Thanks Michelle!


We're also planning on getting grass in the backyard, putting up more fencing, taking down our dog's ugly fence kennel, digging up the cement foundation in our backyard, and other fun projects. We've got a lot to keep us busy. Or should I say Chad has a lot to keep him busy. Being pregnant is a good excuse when I don't want to work too hard. :) Don't tell Chad!


3 comments:

Jacque said...

WOW..I am impressed with all that you and Chad are doing! I love your house and garden--and the lawn looks really great. All I can do is wish that I was younger and had all Y'ALL's energy. Jaci is so cute--she has alot of Leslie in her, that's for sure...

Jacque said...

Also meant to say that I bet Howard and Jenny V (my sis) are very proud of those gardening skills! They sure are pros at it!

Hane-nahMarie said...

The house looks really really good. The grass has got to be heavenly during the summer! Jacie is looking more like you these days. in my opinion. I"m at work (blog commentint) but I'm going to call you today!