I'm 36 weeks along now, only 4 weeks to go.. or less, I hope. Yesterday I went to the doctor and I'm now dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. Which basically means my body is getting ready. This gets me excited because I think, maybe it'll be pretty soon. But I knew I was dilated for quite a while before Jayci was born so I looked in my journal last night and it said that I was dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced for about 3 weeks before she was born, so I might not be too early, but maybe a week early, that would be nice. With Jayci I was 4 days early. I am feeling ready, though. I'm getting excited, not only to have my body back, but also to have this precious little baby here. I am hoping to hold out for the new Riverton hospital which will be done Nov 2. With Jayci I missed the new IMC hospital by a week, so hopefully I'll make it to the Riverton one. It could be a little scary delivering that first week it opens, though. We'll see. Hopefully it'll be ready for patients when it opens. I've really been feeling quite good, just really tired. I just want to sit around all day. Plus, Jayci still wants me to hold her a lot, so that wears me out. But really, I have great pregnancies and all is really good. I am getting nervous about labor and just hope it goes as smoothly as it did with Jayci.
Some simple tasks, that I take for granted when I'm not pregnant, that are HARD to do now:
- put on socks
- put on shoes
- shave my legs
- paint my toenails
- fit between small spaces
- bend down
- tumbling stretches with my preschoolers
- demonstrating small jumps with my preschoolers
- sitting Jayci on my lap (where did it go? She gets so annoyed by it)
- kneeling by my bed to say a prayer
- dishes (my belly hits right at the counter. If only I were a little taller...)
- leaning against the tub to bathe Jayci
- picking things up off the floor
- etc, etc, etc
Soon it will be all over and I'll have my belly back. I remember how much I LOVED that after Jayci was born! But soon I will probably wish the baby was back in my belly again (like 2 am when he's screaming in the night). Oh the joys of motherhood! :)
3 comments:
So good to hear that you are doing well and ready to have the baby. Yeah, it won't be long before you will be saying that you wished he was still in the "oven"...but, I do know that you are so ready for him to arrive. I bet Jaci will be quite the "little mother". It will be fun to see how she takes care of him.
Have a great week!
Oooh! I can't wait to see the little fellow. Hope all goes well. :)
I feel for you, I remember all those things being hard and the anticipation is so hard! I think Jayci will love having a little brother, I was scared too about Abby wanting all my attention, but she has loved having a sibling. I hope he comes soon!
Post a Comment