Friday, January 8, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas this year. I just love spending it with our families, it's always great. Here are a few highlights:

Megan made this hat for Jayci Christmas morning. She whipped it out pretty fast. It just matched Cody. Jayci looks like a little homeless girl with her dirty face and crazy hair. I have to chase her down to get a picture of her these days!




She really did not enjoy opening presents. We had to open them for her because she had no interest. This stroller was about the only thing she was interested in. I felt a little guilty Christmas Eve realizing I really hadn't gotten her hardly anything, but Christmas Day proved that I'd made the right choice. I'm taking advantage of not buying much until they actually care. With that said, Cody got nothing from us. I don't think he was too offended. Yes, we're cheap.


Cute little Ella holding her new cousin. His cute Christmas jammies were from Grandma Baxter.



Chad and I gave his dad what must have been his favorite present: a sweat band. He wore it all day! What a good Grandpa, reading to Jayci. She loves him!


Chad sure was thoughtful this Christmas. He gave me this beautiful picture of baby Jesus. He said it looks like Cody. That was perfect because I've really felt a special spirit this year with a new baby who makes me think of the precious baby Jesus.


Chad also got me a new bed frame! It was actually supposed to be my Christmas present last year, but we never went and got one, so this year he actually picked it out and had it waiting for me in the shed. Doesn't he have great taste? I love it. My mom gave me this bed spread, which I also love. Our bedroom is greatly improved! I wish I had a before picture because it was pretty sad. Chad finished these matching night stands last summer (made in high school by Chad and Joel), and Breanne picked up these matching lamps for a steal of a deal at a yard sale. Breanne's going to help me make it even more stylish by painting it and adding some decorations, can't wait. I'm really wanting to decorate my house cute lately, I just don't have the eye for it, so help is great. It also helps our bedroom that Cody is now in his own room. What a blessing that is!






3 comments:

Jacque said...

Good Morning Jeni and Happy New Year to all you Baxters!

Those pics are too cute!! Your kids speak thru their eyes--they are so precious. I love the Red Hats...Megan did good!!

Looks like Jaci has a thing for stollers. That must run in the family because I remember that Madison was always pushing one around here during the reunion.

I DO LOVE your new bed and the look of your new room. Chad did a great job and quite the handyman, I'd say. (You may want to keep him)

Thanks for sharing part of your Christmas with us.

Jill Collier said...

Such cute pictures! Cody is adorable and tiny! Abby was the same way with presents the first year, I think it is just overwhelming for them at that age. She LOVES opening them now though :) We need to come visit you still, I'm sorry we haven't made it out yet!

kallina said...

I was glad we made it out to Tooele again. It had been over a year I think. Great brother I am. Your bedroom did look nice. I didn't even look at my nightstand though. I forgot you said Chad finished it. It looks pretty sweet and I'm glad it finally got put to use. Thanks for having us over. Joel