Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Jayci being Jayci

Alright, I know I have pretty much all pictures of Jayci on this blog, but when your baby is as cute as mine, how can you resist? A few recent pictures I took of the little stinker (that is what she is lately, but we love her).


When she wakes up I stand her up in the crib, she loves to rock back and forth and shake the crib. She can't pull herself up yet, but one of these days I'm sure I'll come in to her standing on her own. Right now she just gets up on her hands and tries to look up over the bumpers, it's cute.


So, as you can see, most of the pictures are with this crusty face. That's about the only face she makes anymore. It kind of replaced her smile. Maybe she thinks that is what it is. Oh, and the mowhawk was thanks to Grandma Baxter. She babysat the night before and it was still there the next day. Hooligan really, I don't know if I can trust them with her anymore, ha ha.





I put her on the counter the other day and she went up in this push up position, great move! She's getting close to crawling, but not there yet. She is quite content to sit and just lean over in a crawling position, but not move. Today she is nine months and has her first tooth!

3 comments:

Jill Collier said...

She is so cute and I love the mohawk, Gavin's Mom did that to Abby once too. Your blog looks cute, but if you want some cute free backgrounds I have a link at the top of my blog you click on to get them (the cutest blog on the block or something), it has instructions on how to load it onto your blog for the background.

Jon Smith said...

Jeni, I think it's good that you're getting Jayci to do pushups already, kids these days are just a little too soft. They need to be toughened up a bit.
Pink is YOU, go with it, but the purple bground kind of gags me, maybe just a white bground with pink everywhere else :)
I LOVE the photos, can't wait to have my own little crazy one.

Melissa said...

I love how frequently you put new posts up! You are my new favorite blogger in the family!! :) I can't believe Jayci's already 9 months old, and even worse, I can't believe we haven't even met her. That's just sad to me! Hopefully someday soon! In the meantime, it makes me feel so much better just seeing pictures, because then I will feel like I know her when I meet her. :)

Jon and I had to insert an image to change the header color of our background, but there are plenty of templates to choose from out there that aren't on blogger. I know a lot of people use scrapbook-looking ones (I think that's what someone commented to you about) or another is Pyzam.com. I'm totally not good at the whole pretty background thing though, we never change ours. I just put my designer husband to work and it hasn't changed since, we love it. I'm sure you'll find something fitting in pink!