So, two weeks ago I took Jayci to her
15 month appointment, and for the first time since she was born the doctor wasn't worried about her size! How great! Not that she's grown much, but he says she's not going down on the charts. The charts tell it all, right? I knew she was growing because she was finally growing out of her 6-9 month clothes, but I wasn't sure how much. Well she grew 2 inches and one pound in a month. She's now a whopping
29 inches and 16.7 pounds!! Big girl. Okay, so she's still a very puny thing, but at least she's growing. I figure at this rate, she'll be able to be in a front facing car seat by the time she's two (if I'm lucky). She did go from the 10th to the 20th percentile in height, and is now in the 40th percentile in head size. Weight, on the other hand, she's still off the chart. I was trying so hard to get her to gain weight just before the doctor's visit, so I could revel in my victory of getting her up to size, but about two days before, she got sick with an ear infection, and didn't eat hardly anything, so I think she would have weighed more if it wasn't for that. At least, I'll blame it on that. Anyway, everyone always tells me not to worry about what the doctor says about her weight, and I really don't that much, but it's always nice to hear "I'm not concerned about her size." Anyway, just thought I'd share my joy.
This isn't the best picture, but I haven't taken too many pictures lately. This is her in our freezing basement. I have to dress her warm whenever we go down there. Notice how long her hair is getting. It's getting very curly.
6 comments:
She is so cute and really it doesn't surprise me that she is small, look at you! And thanks for the birthday wishes!
I am a little jealous of your petite little baby. Adam was a 12 pound baby, so I think my newborns will be monstrous. Yikes. So I linked to your blog...is that okay?
Oh my gosh, she his itty bitty, I didn't realize she was that small!! Man, Abby was like 18 lbs when she turned 1, so soon after we turned her seat forward facing in the car. But, you are tiny too, so no wonder! She is so cute!!!
Hi Jeni! I just took Ren for his 9 month appointment but he was really 10 months old. He weighed 17 pounds, and that is still just the 2 percentile - but now he's bigger than Jayci :). She's adorable! julie
Jayci is so cute! I haven't seen her since she was a newborn! I can't believe how much she has grown and how fast time has flown by. She is at such a fun age. It's been great to read your blog to see what you're up to. I still need to do a blog. I'll have to call you later this week when it's not dinner time so we can catch up. Miss ya!
It kills me that Parker weighs more than her and she is 11 months older than him. She is so cute though and small like her mommy.
Post a Comment