Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cody's Baby Blessing

Cody's blessing went really well. Chad gets nervous, but he always does a great job. I'm SO grateful that he has the priesthood and can give me and my kids blessings. It has blessed our lives so often, and always brings great peace. Everyone in our immediate families came to participate and support (except my brother's family in DC. I guess they have a good excuse), and I appreciated it so much. It was a great day.
My preschool table worked out perfectly for the kids. It was so cute to see them all eating there together at the short table.

It was perfect to be able to set up tables in the basement and have the family eat there.


family photos are difficult with two kids! But here's a semi-decent shot.



Aunt Breanne- she's always got the magic touch



mom and baby




Aunt Julie





Grandma and Grandpa Baxter




Grammy and Grandpa
(he's getting a little sick of being passed around and posed for pictures by this point)



Ella and Cody (looking a little concerned that he's being held by a 3 yr old)




Captured a smile. He's pure Smith here.




Little scrawny Cody. This is the same outfit Chad was blessed in. It was fun to have that passed down, although it was a little big since Chad was a whoppin 10lbs. 3oz. at birth! Good thing we waited a few months to bless Cody so he could catch up. :)

3 comments:

julie and nick said...

I'm still missing you all. We had such a great time spending the holidays all together - and Cody's blessing went wonderfully. Love you so much! julie

Ashley said...

I love that picture where he is being held by the 3 yr old. So cute!

Christensen's said...

I can definetely tell you are a teacher! Your little family is so cute!