Cody is 6 months old now and is finally a happy baby!! He learned to sit up on his own just about the day he turned 6 month and I think that made all the difference. He just gets happier the more he can do on his own. He is just starting to go down for naps on his own with just a little crying (which I have been working on since he was born!), he has stopped screaming hysterically and scratching up his head (yeah, he would get seriously MAD), and he now only wakes up 2-3 times a night compared to every hour like he has been doing the last few months! So yeah, big improvements.
He has such a cute little smile and BIG eyes, as everyone comments. He is the most aware little guy, and notices and studies everything. I think that is half his problem with sleeping. Any tiny noise and he is wide awake looking for where it came from. I have to keep Jayci out of the room when I feed him because he can't concentrate on eating when she makes any sort of noise. He's been quite a challenge, but so was Jayci, and she's a great little toddler. So I'm really hoping he's getting to the "great" stage, too. I figure my kids must just be too active to be happy as these little babies stuck in bodies that can't do anything. I know I'm not happy when I can't run and play. That's one of the hardest things for me when I'm pregnant: I can't run, climb trees, do handstands, or anything else that's fun. So here's to hoping for a happier baby!
Cody at 6 months:
LIKES:
-sitting up, playing with toys
-sucking and chewing on anything he can get his hands on
-watching his sister play and smile and talk to him
-playing with daddy
-getting his diaper changed
-eating "real" food, not baby food
-sleeping with a binky and blanket
-rolling all over the floor
-being outside
-going on walks in the stroller
-splashing in the tub with Jayci
-watching the dogs and goats
-laying upside down on my lap with his head hanging down (just like Jayci liked)
DISLIKES:
-having his nose wiped or sucked out (he has always got a stuffy nose!)
-being ignored
-being startled
-sitting in one place too long, wants to get up and go
-car seat
-dirty diapers
5 comments:
cute!!! he's growing up and adorable! I'm glad he's happier, my kids were so much happier the day they learned to walk.
yikes! Six months. That doesn't sound fun. Good thing you're a very tough little lady!
Hey, it's Meghan (Thornley)..I don't know if you remember me from high school..but I found your blog on Lisa Mrozla's..ANYWHO..I can't tell you how reassuring it is to read this post..it sounds like my little boy to a T! I sure hope he gets happier like your little guy!
He is so cute! I can't believe he is already 6 months. I think it really does help when they feel more independent.
What a cute little guy! I can't believe how big he's getting!
Post a Comment