...A LOT!
Those of you who know Chad, know that he is a busy man, mostly just because he likes to stay busy. Well, this year hasn't been any different. I think the only time he can sit still for more than a few minutes is when he's sitting on the mountain waiting for an animal to come, go figure. Here are some of his most recent happenings and buys.

His new baby... A REAL MAN'S TRUCK! We got this truck in February to replace our old little red truck. It's supposedly for me to drive around since Chad takes the car to work and I couldn't fit the kids in the other. So it gave Chad a good excuse to get his dream truck. He loves it! We got it for a pretty good deal. It's a 2001 and only had 28,000 miles. We're hoping to pay it off this year or next. I'm glad he could get it. He really has always wanted one and we thought it was way in the future, so I'm glad it worked out. I have to admit, it is pretty fun to drive around town, just me and the kids!
Supposedly he was going to put JENSRIG on it, but that was taken, and so was anything similar, so he settled for this.


He shot this turkey a few miles from our house in April. Way to go Chad! He was pretty proud that he was one of the few hunters that shot one up there this year. When the preschoolers came one morning, this is how it was sitting in his truck. They were pretty intrigued to say the least!


We gave it to our neighbor to cook and he invited us over for turkey dinner! It was actually pretty good, just a little more dry than a thanksgiving turkey.

And the newest addition to our house... Chad's deer head! I was hoping the day would never come, but it did on Monday. Okay, I have to admit, I don't think it looks bad. Jayci says it's "so cute!". When he brought it home and had it on the ground, she was petting it and adoring it.

This is the deer he shot a year and a half ago, and finally got it back.

He wasn't satisfied with our rose bushes and flowers in the front yard, so he dug them up and is working on a new plan. He had a neighbor help him plan out which bushes and flowers would look best in the spot. He's a horticulturist and works with the temple square gardens, so it should look pretty nice.

Here's the new bushes, just got to get all the flowers next.

His latest big project has been doubling our garden area (which was already doubled from the first year. Bigger and better, right?). This consisted of tilling, tilling and more tilling, adding loads of maneur, and leaves last fall, raking rows, planting, and building a fence around it. That's right. He put up a brand new chain link fence around the whole garden so he could keep the goats out. Man, is he ambitious!

He started planting just yesterday. Unfortunately he forgot to close the gate, so the goats snuck in and ate a few plants (Oops, wasn't that the point of the fence???). So I had to go chase them out while Chad was gone.

He admits he may have overdone the size of the garden and is not sure if he is going to use the whole space. But better too big than small, right?

Lots of fencing.

Here's another small project he had to tackle a few weeks ago after the big wind storm we had. It broke off a giant branch on one of our trees, so he spent an afternoon cutting up wood. Unfortunately it was the branch Jayci's swing was on so we'll have to relocate it. :( Jayci was pretty sad.

He picked a few of these up to assist him in his work (and to haul goats in when hunting).

And last but not least, the pain in the butt goats. Seriously, Chad says he feels like killing them almost every day. They are a pain, and the reason he does most of what he does outside. (I know he secretly loves having goats, though!)
And one more thing... CHAD FINISHED PLUMBING SCHOOL! Way to go Chad! Four years of plumbing school under his belt. He just has to pass a big test this summer and then he has his plumbing license. I'm so proud of him. It's so nice to be done with school, although, he's thinking of going back for an associates degree now. So he may have a few more years after all. I just have to say, I love this guy! He sure takes care of us well and works, works, works. And when he's not working, he's helping others. Seriously, he knows the meaning of service. He is such a good guy. The only downfall to all of this is that I don't see him as much as I'd like. At least I can look out my window and enjoy watching him lately. (Can't go out too much because it's been too cold to hang out there with the baby.) Love you Chad!
4 comments:
WOW...I'm impressed! Can you funnel some of his energy to East TN?
That's pretty awesome guys! Your house and all the projects makes me really want a house. I would love to do projects to fix up a house and yard, but I know that it is a TON of work. Just maintaining a house and yard for a year was almost too much for me. Anyway, glad you guys are doing well. Congrats on the plumbing school completion, Chad (I know how hard 4 years of school is!).
Soooo impressive! Way to go Chad! He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. That's awesome. I didn't think you could do anything in the winter months of utah :) Cool post. julie
Who knew little Jeni would be driving around a real mans truck. :) You guys are doing so well, your kids are adorable, and you even have deer head on the wall. It was fun to catch up on you all! I hope to see you when I come to Utah next month!
Post a Comment