Thursday, October 23, 2008

The deer hunt's over (yay!)

I did it! Okay, not really, but Chad did! He finally shot a deer during the rifle hunt and is happy to be done. (I know, why does he do it if he's just happy to be done? He says it's an addiction). So now maybe I can have him home some weekends. But wait, there's still the duck hunt, and the pheasant hunt, and... it never ends. If you're wondering, I haven't hunted since the first hunt in August I went on. Maybe next year... But really, good job Chad! I know a lot of you probably don't appreciate hunting, but he really works hard for it and to you hunters, you know what an accomplishment it is. So this post is to give Chad his bragging rights. And to you hunters (or husbands who hunt) the stats of the deer are below. Yay for Chad! (I spared you all of the graphic pictures, you'll have to ask Chad if you want to see those) :) Oh, and the best part about it is that Chad shaved his beard the next morning! That was the deal, when he got a deer he'd shave. Yay for his little boy face back! (That's what people are telling him, that he looks like a little boy, and I love it!)








24.5" wide by 22 tall- WOW!

4 comments:

Jon Smith said...

A direct quote from one of my coworkers and avid hunter, about 2 seconds ago. "THAT'S AN AWESOME DEAR!" and the other avid hunter in the office said "THAT THING'S MASSIVE!" So congratulations Chad (and Jeni), you've got people in my office drooling and just about to book flights to Utah. —Jon

kallina said...

congrats chad! Cute hair Jeni!

kallina said...

That-a-boy Chad! Haven't seen you get one of those for a while. It must be the beard! Are you guys having liver and onions for dinner every night now? Kalli and I politely declined on that meal with Kalli's parents Friday night. Her dad just got a dear too and I guess that is his celebratory meal. Delicious!

Jill Collier said...

Your hair is cute Jeni! I wish I could afford to get them still, one day! And its not fair how fast your hair grows, mine is the slowest in the world.