Monday, September 8, 2008

The fruits (and vegetables) of our labors

Here's an update on our garden. We've had so much fun growing it this year. It's been kind of experimental, so we'll definitely do some things different next year, but it's been a pretty good crop!
Our garden has grown up and has pretty much been taken over by the pumpkin plants. Now it looks like a jungle.

Chad built this lovely contraption (the wood stand you see in the middle of the garden) to put the sprinler on to water the garden. It works really well.


These were our first veggies we ate. A cucumber and zuchini. We took them to our friend's house where we ate dinner that night. (I look like a dork because someone was watching me, and I felt dumb :)


I love tomatoes! I was looking forward to this crop the most. I love this big boy especially. My favorite is cutting them up and eating them with salt in the morning with toast and an egg. Chad doesn't like tomatoes so I get them all to myself. I'm about ready to make salsa or something because I can't eat them all myself. It's becoming a little much.


This one had a funny little finger growing on it.


Our pumpkins are getting big! I can't wait to decorate my porch with them, and maybe carve a few.


This is a watermelon. My foot is by it to show the size. We thought it was going to get really big, but it seems to have become stunted when we went on a trip and it didn't get watered very well.

These crook neck squash are delicious! If anyone wants some fresh veggies, just give us a visit!

3 comments:

Jill Collier said...

Wow, good job! I wish we could have a garden too, but they won't let us here. Your hair is getting long Jeni, its cute!

Heather O said...

Wow, that looks awesome. I think green gardens about this time of year are so beautiful! There is nothing better than a blt and corn on the cob, with the tomatoes and corn from the garden. yum!

kallina said...

Sweet garden! that would be so fun to have a garden. That pumpkin is almost as big as Jayci!