Thursday, September 18, 2008

Keeping me busy

Yes, I finally started preschool. I say that because I've been thinking about doing it ever since our realtor mentioned doing a preschool instead of having the basement rented out. At the time I just kind of thought, well, that's an idea, but I really wasn't too interested. The more I thought about it, and the more I dreaded having renters in the basement, I decided it might be a good idea. So, it's been about a year now that it's been on my mind and I've had plenty of time to stress. That's what I do until I actually start what I'm doing...stress. So I really am glad that it finally started; although, that year was a good time for me to really think it all through and decide I was up for the challenge.

I started preschool September 2. I only have one class of 6 because that's all the city allows, but I'll tell ya, six 3 and 4 year-olds is enough! I'm really glad that it is all I have. They are really good, cute kids. They come Tuesday and Thursday 9:00-11:30. One of my biggest stresses was just what to do with Jayci. But she's been pretty good. She takes a nap for an hour or so, and then comes down and plays with us the rest of the time. The kids love her and she's kind of a distraction, but they're getting used to it. I really love doing this, and am so glad I decided to. I guess I'm just a kid at heart. I love coming up with fun things for the kids to do and just look forward to helping them with it. I also teach them a little tumbling in my class. They love that, and it's fun for me, too. I don't make a whole lot of money, but every little bit helps, right?






This is courtesy of Julie. She was so nice to make some wall chatter for my preschool room. It makes it look so much cuter down there! It says my preschool name and little mission statement (I guess that's what it's called?) on it.

Jayci's enjoying the basement, too! It's so fun to have space down there for her and for other kids who come over. They have lots of fun playing on my tumbling equipment.


5 comments:

nick and julie said...

Jeni, I'm so glad to see pictures of your preschool. It looks SO GREAT! You did a wonderful job. The green paint is cool, and you did a perfect job getting up the lettering. So much fun. Way to go. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
Julie

Jill Collier said...

Wow Jeni, that is busy! I hope it goes well, that is a lot of work. Your basement looks great though! Cute blog too!

Melissa said...

Jeni, that looks so great! That's so exciting that you can do that, what a fun way keep using what you went to school for while still getting to stay home. It looks like you have it all set up so cool, that's awesome. Sounds like fun...wish we could see it! We're so excited to see you in just a couple weeks though!

kallina said...

Way to go Jeni! thats awesome! I bet your preschool kids just love it. We havent been to your house since Jaci's baby blessing, your basement looks completely different!

Emily said...

Jen - Your basement is soo cool! I love it! It's so professional! It's like, it's not at a house at all! Very cool to post pics! If I live in Toelle- my kids are heading straight to you! :)