Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A hunting we will go...

So, you won't see any deer on this post...because I didn't get one. No, it wasn't because I didn't get a chance. I actually took 7 shots with my bow, but we'll just say it's harder than it looks. I was really dissapointed that I couldn't hit them. We decided that I was a good hunter (because we saw more deer that weekend than Chad has ever seen), just not a very good shot :). Maybe next year. You might be thinking, "How could she shoot at a poor, innocent deer?", but to tell you the truth, once you're a hunter it's just not that sad anymore and it's pretty fun. I actually really enjoyed my time and could understand why Chad liked it. The only difference is, he could go everyday of his life and be happy; whereas, one weekend was enough for me for the year.
Jayci fit right in with her little camo overalls.

Yum...oreos!
She loves the four wheeler. We took her on a little ride and she made four wheeler sounds.


I found this little guy while waiting for the deer. It looked just like a stick and I only saw it because it moved.

This was mine and Megan's potty that Chad's dad made for us. We got it filled up good with toilet paper and then buried it before we left. Nothing like camping in the middle of nowhere!

Here I am in my camo getup. Pretty hot, huh! I actually had little boy clothes on because they were cheaper and fit me real well.

He thinks he's a tough guy with his man beard.


The best part about hunting... taking a nap while waiting.

Megan came camping with us for the weekend to help out with Jayci. Thanks Megan, you're a trooper!

Jayci loves her grandpa, and he's pretty fond of her, too.

1 comment:

Jill Collier said...

Jayci looks so cute! I didn't know if that was mud or food at first on her face, hehe! That looks like a lot of fun!