Saturday, November 1, 2008

One year old!

I can't believe my baby is one year old! Time flies by, and now that she can walk, she really doesn't seem like a baby anymore. We had a little birthday celebration for Jayci and my sister-in-law, Breanne, the Sunday before Jayci's birthday, and then we had a little party at our house the Sunday after with Chad's family. I decided to try my hand at a cake, a really easy cake. I didn't buy any of the candies and misc. that was supposed to go on the top, so I kind of improvised, but it turned out kind of cute. I forgot to save some white frosting, so I used powdered sugar instead, which made it difficult to put anything on top of it because it wouldn't stick. And the eyes are olives, which she actually really enjoyed. It was fun to watch her dig into her cake. She mostly just ate a bunch of the frosting and left the cake in a big crumbly mess. She had no interest in opening presents, so I just opened them for her, but it was still fun!


Our party guests


my first attempt at a birthday cake - a little sad, I know!


"Happy Birthday to You!"



Jayci, starting in on the goods. She sure enjoyed the frosting.




This is what was left in the end.






8 comments:

Jill Collier said...

She is so cute Jeni and I cannot believe she is already 1! I feel like she was just born! I am impressed with the cake, its so cute. Time does fly by, I can't believe we have two babies now, its crazy but so fun.

Elissa said...

Jaycie is so cute! It looks like she had fun digging into her cake. What a fun birthday!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jayci! I can't believe you have a one year old Jen! You are sucha good mom- I love seeing the pic and blg updates!

Melinda said...

Jeni - I can't believe Jaycie is a year old already!!! Those are such cute pictures of her and the cake is adorable! You did a great job! :) It was fun to get updated on everything. I LOVE the preschool room downstairs! You are amazing!

The Richardsons said...

O my Heavens to Betsey!!!!!!!!!! She is so stinking cute! That will be so much fun too do a little bday party! I bet you loved that!I wont be as brave and attempt making my own cake! You are wonder woman! Betsey

kallina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kallina said...

Happy late birthday little Jayci. Way to go on the cake Jeni! it looks awesome! Those pictures of her eating the cake are so cute.

Martin Family said...

Your cake turned out way cute!